Acturis is the UK’s leading Software-as-a-Service provider for the general insurance industry. Founded in 2000, we have grown exponentially over the past 20 years. Over 95,000 individuals in more than 40 countries use Acturis solutions to power their business, and our platform manages over £10bn worth of transactions every year. By working closely with brokers, insurers, and MGAs, we have helped to create and shape the insurance market of today.
Despite our ongoing success, we are never content with standing still and are always on the lookout for talented people to join our fantastic team. We are currently recruiting for an experienced Office Manager, who will manage the day-to-day running of our London and Birmingham offices. This is a highly varied position and will suit an inquisitive individual with excellent problem-solving skills. The successful Office Manager will find a supportive, challenging, and rewarding culture, one that prizes creativity and challenge over the status quo. If you are curious and have an ability to look at old problems in news ways, then we would love to hear from you.
The successful Office Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Take overall responsibility for the day-to-day running of the London and Birmingham offices, where around 400 Acturis colleagues work.
- Take pride in ensuring all offices create a productive, safe and cost effective environment for our colleagues to enjoy
- Manage the first point of contact at reception and busy switchboard
- Define and oversee processes to ensure the effective running of the office, directing and planning essential services such as maintenance and cleaning
- Co-ordinate and manage supplier contracts including cleaning, maintenance, catering, hotels, couriers, office supplies
- Create and manage a positive working relationship with Building Management
- Take control and management of Health and Safety including maintenance, testing and inspection schedules. Take on role of Health and Safety officer
- Plan best allocation and utilisation of space including office moves
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements related to office layouts
- Accurately file company documents, maintain various records and prepare reports
- Support client contract management process including drafting, distributing and filing
- Provide support to recruitment activities such as booking interviews and feeding back to recruiters
- Support colleagues in or manage any other ad-hoc office tasks and operational activities
- Organise annual companywide events such as the Christmas party
- Take on line management duties of Office Assistant colleague and activities.
You will be a self-starter who thrives when collaborating in a team full of brilliant and motivated people, with diverse interests and backgrounds. The successful Office Manager will also have the following attributes:
- Self-motivated with strong leadership and management skills
- Demonstrable experience in ensuring the effective day to day running of a large office (3-5 year's experience)
- Strong problem solving skills and an ability to think outside the box and get things done well
- Exceptional self-management skills and the ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate a keen eye of detail
- Confident, proactive, thrive on working autonomously and taking responsibility
- Excellent people skills, ability to communicate with others in a professional and helpful manner at all levels and in a variety of communication methods
- Educated to degree-level with a minimum 2:2 and strong A-levels
- Competent with Word, Excel and Outlook
Please click the 'Apply' button to send your CV and to complete our online application form.
Please note Acturis is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. For further information, visit www.acturis.com