- HR Manager for the Acturis UK business encompassing both operational (80% of role) and strategic (20%) HR support
- Design, develop and implement the annual HR strategy in line with the budget and business plan.
- Ensure HR plans support the needs of the business but are also flexible enough to cope with changes in the organisation
- The ability to inspire confidence of the CEO’s and senior team through timely delivery of information and plans.
- Able to provide HR support, coaching and guidance across both operational and strategic issues through a pragmatic and commercially sound approach and to be the first point of contact for all UK HR related queries from the organisation. This would include:
- advice and guidance on individual employee relations cases, ensuring that these are well managed and meet the requirements of the company policies, best practice and employment legislation
- Ensure a consistent, fair and legal approach to people management
- Deal with complex HR issues.
- Keep up to date with workplace legislative developments and manage compliance and risk factors.
- Partner with line managers to understand and support the career development of colleagues. Maintain an overview of on-going training initiatives and recommend new training initiatives – particularly on the L&D side for people taking on management challenges. Monitor the take up of training opportunities, design initiatives and set targets to increase take up if require
- Review and revise HR Policy to ensure compliance and best practice, whilst maintaining a flexible, responsive performance culture.
- Administer and manage periodic performance review process
- Ensure that the staff handbook is comprehensive and up to date. Ensure that managers and staff are aware of the policies and procedures and able to operate them effectively.
- Oversee/monitor recruitment and retention processes, with a focus on diversity.
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics.
- Input to other businesses in the group where the HR processes are not that well developed
- The successful candidate will have considerable scope to shape the Group ‘s HR policy and work with the Group and other business units as well as the UK and contribute to the overall leadership and management of the company.
Part-time / Full Time
This role is expected to be full time although we could possibly consider a 4 days per week role for the right candidate
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- 5 years Human Resources Management Experience with increasing responsibility
- Experience of working with graduates, a younger workforce and in the technology, industry is preferable
- CIPD Qualified
- MS Office experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great people skills with the ability to build rapport and relations quickly
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels, from graduate intake to the board
- Excellent PC skills (MS Office)
- Attention to detail and the ability to problem solve
- Demonstrable experience with human resources metrics and reporting
- In-depth knowledge of employment law and HR best practices
- Commercially astute
- Ability to work independently