DevOps Engineer - London or Birmingham
As a DevOps Systems Engineer at Acturis you will:
- Work within a team of highly skilled and experienced likeminded individuals to deliver large technology projects.
- Have an unrivalled opportunity to get early access to cutting edge technology platforms with a high level of autonomy.
- Interact with Development teams to ensure cohesion for infrastructure projects and rapid software delivery.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line technical support for the bespoke Acturis Application and coach junior colleagues
The successful candidates must have following attributes:
- Graduate with a 2:1 or above (Computer Science, Maths, Physics or Engineering).
- 2-3 years’ commercial experience working within a DevOps or Systems team using either Cloud (Amazon, Azure) infrastructure or a Hyper-Converged infrastructure.
- Understanding of Virtualisation technologies such as (Hyper-V, VMWare and Containerisation).
- Familiarisation with the Windows Server platform (Especially Server 2012, 2016).
- Excellent hands-on operational use of PowerShell.
- Excellent communication skills.
The ideal candidate would have knowledge of at least two of the below:
- Excellent understanding of Software development cycles, AGILE, CI etc.
- Experience of working with of for Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions and / or Hosting Providers.
- Experience and/or knowledge of developing automation solutions with either Chef, Puppet, PowerShell DSC or K8.
- Hands on experience of using Linux and Docker.
- Current or recent MCSE certification.
- Worked with of SQL Databases: (Oracle, SQL Server) or NOSQL DBs: (Couchbase, Mongo, Redis)